Resiliency + Disaster Preparedness
1. Medical Preparedness Efforts Limited to Public Health Agencies and Hospitals
2. Decline in Federal Funds for Health and Medical Preparedness Efforts
3. Challenges to Road and Utilities Infrastructure in the Event of a Disaster
Louisiana Hospital Preparedness Program Grant Funding has decreased 56% since FY 2006
22 Hospitals Engaged in Region 2 Preparedness Planning
Only 4 Points of Access Into District Hospitals and Emergency Rooms
1. Adopt whole-community approach in emergency preparedness.
2. Identify sustained funding for preparedness planning and outreach.
3. Engage in district-scale resiliency planning linked to regional efforts.
Health District Preparedness Funding and Activity Levels
Number of Non-Hospital Healthcare and Service Providers Participating In Emergency Preparedness Efforts
Extent of Community Outreach Efforts