HEALTHY PLACE RECORD
Acute Congestion on Arterial Roads
1. Inefficient Transportation Network
2. Weak Alternatives to the Car
3. Poor Access to Parks and Open Spaces
4. Uncoordinated, Sprawling Development
40,000+ Cars / Day on Major Arterials
Only 25 Street Intersections Per Square Mile
Only 20% Sidewalk Coverage on District Streets
Auto-oriented sprawl is bad for business, health, and the business of healthcare.
Build the District Street Network.
Build the Health Loop Trail.
1. Create connections for efficient circulation and access.
2. Enable people to walk, bike, and take transit.
3. Connect to parks and open spaces.
4. Promote balanced, diverse, and orderly development.
Travel Speed on Arterials
Pedestrian and Bicyclist Counts
Employee Travel Behavior Survey
An Efficient, Safe, and Pleasant Place for All